Sunday, August 3, 2014

Christmas is (not really) coming!

So yesterday I made a start in my Christmas cards. Yes you read right friends, my Christmas cars. Don't go checking your calendars, yes it is only august lol. 
My 6 year old has been begging to put up our tree, and adding things to his Christmas list already. Like me, he loves Christmas lol. It sort of got me in the festive spirit.
Now for a paper crafter, it's been years since I made ant Xmas cards. I think I just always left it too late (ha!) and thought it to much of a hassle. Well this year I dove right in.

It started with just looking for some bauble cut files for my NEW silhouette cameo. Then before I knew it, I was putting together some cards- I blame Pinterest personally lol.

So I thought I'd show you what I made with a few paper scraps, some printed images and some random supplies floating around on my desk. Literally!
These were nice and simple cards, quick and easy to make, perfect for mass producing Xmas cards lol.

So this is literally what I started with: a few card bases, some scrap paper, some printed images and some bling. I didn't have a nice merry Christmas stamp, but I found these awesome rubons in my stash, perfect. 



                                              And this is what I came up with.

I love the simplicity but the festiveness of these cards. So I think I'll defiantly start making some more. Any excuse really to get creative at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment